Portfolio Contracting Inc. working throughout Ontario is seeking an experienced Skilled Labourer to join our team. The successful candidate must have at least 3 years of experience working in the construction industry.
This is a full-time position, with an hourly rate which is based on ability and experience. We offer benefit options after a waiting period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
♦ Provide assistance to the Project Manager, Site Supervisor and sub trades on the job site when required.
♦ Complete general construction work including but not limited to: demolition, minor concrete work, framing, drywall, insulation,
painting, flooring and other specialized construction processes as required.
♦ Manual handling of supplies, equipment, and construction materials.
♦ Read and interpret instructions, specifications and CAD drawings.
♦ Operate and maintain, equipment, hand and power tools safely and accurately.
♦ Follow proper safety policies to maintain a safe working environment.
♦ Maintain a clean, safe and organized work site.
♦ Maintain daily communication and records of daily construction activity.
♦ Assist with communication between sub trades, skilled trades, labourers and GC.
♦ Travel to job sites throughout Ontario.
Skills / Experience:
– Three (3) years or more of renovation and construction experience.
– Strong carpentry skills, general trades and interior finishing experience.
– Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills.
– Strong verbal and listening communications skills.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to work as a team or unaccompanied on various tasks.
– Valid G driver’s licence with a clean driving record.
– Ability to work nights.
– Fast thinking and good judgement (common sense).
– Hardworking, detail oriented and thorough.
– Honest, trustworthy and flexible.
– Respectful and conscientious of the people and environment around them.
– Demonstrates sound work ethics and self-motivation to work with minimal supervision.
– Interacts with supervisors, coworkers and clients in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
If you'd like to apply for this position then please click below to send your resume and cover letter to us. Please include “Applying for Skilled Labourer Position” in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be viewed.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.