Site Superintendent - Eastern Ontario
Portfolio Contracting Inc. is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent for projects based out of the Eastern Ontario to join our team. The successful candidate must have at least 3-5 years of supervisor experience and working in the construction industry.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Site Superintendent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
♦ Ensure construction industry standards are met and ensure high quality control in the effort to minimize deficiencies.
♦ Ensure project materials and workmanship meet project design specifications and high-quality standards.
♦ Ensure smooth coordination of all construction related activities.
♦ Adhere to project schedule deliverables and critical path.
♦ Supervise trades/subcontractors/workers.
♦ Provide resolution to project issues as they arise and communicate project issues in a timely manner to Project Manager (i.e., work scheduling conflicts, work interference, errors/discrepancies/omissions in Consultant’s design drawings, project deficiencies list, poor workmanship quality, etc.).
♦ Ensure trades/subcontractors/workers adhere to health and safety policies, procedures and best practices. Promote a safe work environment (i.e., site inspection, hazard assessment, toolbox safety talk, etc.).
♦ Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
♦ Document daily job report and keep Project Manager informed of project status.
♦ Other responsibilities as assigned (i.e., housekeeping, basic handyman/carpentry, etc.).
– Must have minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience on construction sites.
– Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency.
– Proficient in reading, understanding and interpreting technical drawings and specifications.
– Ability to effectively solve problem and take decisive action within the limits of authority.
– Ability to take a proactive outlook as it relates to Health and Safety.
– Proficient MS Office and Windows-based computer applications skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.).
– Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
– Good organizational skills and attention to details.
– Valid driver’s license.
Please forward your resume through this job posting. Due to the high volume of responses, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract